How it works:
Opening a Donor Advised Fund allows you to make a gift to the McPherson County Community Foundation, then remain actively involved in suggesting uses for your gift.
- You make a gift to the McPherson County Community Foundation—you can give cash, appreciated stocks, real estate, or other assets.
- We set up a special fund in your name, in the name of your family or business, or in honor of any person, organization or cause you choose.
- You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
- You recommend uses for the fund—working with our professional staff to support the causes and organizations you care about most.
- Your recommendations are reviewed to ensure the of the prospective grantee is qualified to receive the grant, manages its fiscal resources in a prudent manner, and has the capacity to fulfill the terms of the grant so your charitable intentions are met.
- We handle all the administrative details and issue grants to charities in the name of the fund you establish. Grants can be made anonymously if preferred.
- Your gift can be placed in an endowment that is invested over time. Earnings from your fun are used to make grants addressing community needs. Your gift—and all future earnings from the gift—is a permanent source of community capital, helping to do good work for generations to come.