The Youth Advisory Councils are charged with publicizing, reviewing and selecting a Children’s grant each year that benefits students in the communities where the Youth Councils are located. The Foundation gives each council available funds from the KHF Children’s Fund. As part of the process, the youth developed the following criteria:
- Does it help multiple children?
- Does it have long-lasting effects?
- Can we afford it?
- Has it been done prior to requesting our grant?
In the fall of 2018, the Canton-Galva Youth Advisory Council selected the following projects:
- $627.72 – 1st Grade Technology: Mrs. Vogts requested ipads with cases to help expand student growth and creativity.
- $500 – Ipads for learning: Mrs. Taylor requested Ipads to increase student learning.