Multiple organizations have combined efforts this year to provide area children with a hot meal during the summer months. Funding for the meals is provided by U.S. Department of Agriculture and funding for weekly snacks is through private donations given to the Summer Lunch Program. In addition to meals, organizations have developed an activity plan focused on art, music, health & fitness, cultural development and reading.
- Meals are FREE to children ages 0-18
- Adults may attend at the cost of $3.75 per person
- Children 5 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Meal sites include Lincoln Elementary School and Roosevelt Elementary School
- Meals will be served Monday thru Thursday beginning May 27 and ending July 30
- The lunch hour will be 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Activities will be provided prior to each meal
- The daily activity hour will be 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Daily attendance is not required; come when it is convenient for your family
- Children are welcome to register for the program throughout the summer
- Out-of-town guests are welcome
- Weekend snack bags will be provided on Thursdays beginning June 4
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED FOR THE PROGRAM: If you are interested in helping serve food or support for the activities, please click on this link to sign up. Even if you can only give one hour throughout the entire summer, your help will make a difference to the program.
McPherson County Community Foundation
United Way of McPherson County
USD #418, McPherson Schools
McPherson Family YMCA/MRC
Circles of McPherson County
McPherson County 4-H
K-State Research & Extension
McPherson Arts Alliance