22 Oct Match Day is set for November 5 from 7 am – 1 pm
Help Organizations Secure matching funds at the second annual Moundridge Community Foundation Match Day Thursday, November 5
Match Day on Thursday, November 5 holds an incredible opportunity for eight local organizations. On that day, Moundridge Community Foundation will match donations made to endowment funds. Based on the total amount raised, organizations could potentially receive $3000 in matching funds.
Match Day’s purpose encompasses an opportunity for organizations to build long-term funds; a time to educate the community an organization’s mission; and receive grant funds for immediate programming needs. The Community Foundation plays a key in providing funds and all marketing materials for the event.
During the 2014 event, 122 donations were contributed to help one or more of the six participating organizations leverage $15,000 in match incentives. Additionally, there were $2000 in prize incentives given to organizations with the largest number of donors contributing during various times throughout the day.
2015 Participating Organizations are:
Cradle to Crayons Child Care & Preschool
Moundridge Food Pantry
Moundridge Historical Association
Moundridge Public Library
Moundridge Senior Center
Swiss Mennonite Cultural Historical Association
USD 423 – Moundridge Unified Schools
Match Day details:
• Come to the event and make a donation.
Date: Thursday, November 5
Time: 7 am – 1 pm
Place: Northridge Community Center, Moundridge
• The 2015 match pool of $15,000 is provided by the Moundridge Community Foundation.
• The match pool will be divided in proportion to the total amount raised on November 5. For example, if $50,000 is raised and an organization brought in 10% of the total donations, they will receive $1,500 to use for immediate needs or add to the endowment fund. ($3,000 max per organization – prizes are outside this limit)
• Minimum donation amount to be matched is $25. There is no limit on the amount of funding donors may contribute to an organization’s endowed fund.
• Cash, checks and credit cards will be accepted. Only gifts made on November 5 will count toward match day totals.
• In addition to matching funds, each organization will receive an additional prize ranging from $100 to $275 for the number of donors contributed that day. Prize funds are made possible by Mid-Kansas Credit Union and The Citizens State Bank.
For Match Day questions, please call toll free 866.245.9070 or email Becky Goss, MCCF President/CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Moundridge Community Foundation was established in 2010 to provide an endowment whose earnings can be used as a granting resource for a wide variety of non-profit organizations in their efforts to improve health care, human services, education, arts and culture or other charitable initiatives which enhance the Moundridge community.
Board members are: Fred Schrag, Chair; Rick Krehbiel, Vice-Chair; Joyce Vogts, Secretary; Ken Stucky; Carol Hueske; Ryan Goering; and Hilarie Hecox.